01 helmikuuta 2012

Neverending patches

My eternal problem seems to be that I buy more yarn that I can possibly use. Sometimes I go on strike: no more yarn until at least some of the old is finished! And then I stare at my yarn collection (and believe me, it's huge) wondering what to make. For example, what to make of the odd collection of alpaca?

Inspired by this, I started my own crochet quilt. Unlike this beautiful tulip quilt, my patches won't be so flower-like: just rounds surrounded by either a hexagon or octagon. The color for the outermost ring isn't decided yet either, as I thought I'd finish all the yarn I already have before choosing the binding color.

I counted that I would need some 124 patches for a blanket - that is, if there's enough yarn. Still 83 to go.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti