16 kesäkuuta 2012

Quark!

When I swore I wouldn't bake another quark pie before next Easter, I didn't yet know I'd be working as a cook on camps for teenagers for the summer. As they didn't finish the big bowl of fruit salad I made them yesterday, they'll have a fruit quark pie tomorrow. (Quark pie is better after resting for a night in the fridge, so I'll bake it already today.)

I baked awesome quarky things just before Easter, and now, obviously, I can't remember the recipe. I think the problem was already then that I couldn't find a good recipe for both the cake and the topping on the same site. So, this is how I do it.

125 g soft butter
1 dl sugar
1 egg
2 ½ dl plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar

Cream together butter and sugar. Whisp in the egg. Mix together flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar and add them to the dough. Beat with a spoon until smooth. Spread it on a buttered cake tin (it's supposed to be quite flat).

Topping

250 g quark
2 dl whipping cream
3 eggs
½ dl lemon juice
3/4 dl sugar
2 tsp vanilla sugar
fruits or berries according to your taste

Mix together all the topping ingredients and spread on the cake. Bake 30-35 minutes in 200C in lower part of the owen. The filling should coagulate so that it holds itself together (you can check with a knife). If the edges of the cake start getting dark, decrease the temperature to 175C.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti